July 3, 2014

D.I.Y Gold Tray


I am gold obsessed as of late so I thought I would add some gold to my coffee table.

I mean who doesn't love gold trays?
This is so simple to do and there are thousands of alternatives to try.


     Materials:
  •         Tray-size of your choice
  •          Gold Spray paint-Plascon Rich pale gold
  •         White Paint-Chamberlains non –drip luxury velvet finish in white
  •          Masking tape

  Before starting tape off your working area as spray paint gets all over the place.
 (You should see the wall behind the newspaper.)


1)Tape off your top edges


2)Spray paint two thin layers of paint.Wait 15 min between layers.Once done pull off the tape to start painting the white



3)Roughly paint your first layer of white.I did not paint underneath as no one would see it (and I'm lazy)


4)Make sure you tape off the handles when painting on the outer sides so that the paint doesn't bleed onto the gold.


 5) Now you can paint your edges. If you are not comfortable painting free hand, add tape on the inner gold to avoid painting white inside.


6) Paint two layers of white. I waited 1 hour before the next layer.


And then you are done, see super easy. Obviously wait before putting anything on it. I let it dry overnight.



Voila! Style and enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment