July 11, 2014

Chocolate Brownies




I am most certainly a chocolate person. I would have chocolate for breakfast if I could (thank goodness this is unacceptable) the other day I had a major sweet tooth so I thought id whip up a batch of chocolate brownies.
These are so insanely good,my sister came over yesterday and finished 3 in one go.
I used this Jamie Oliver recipe and changed it slightly.


Ingredients:
250 g butter
1 normal slab of dark chocolate
1 normal slab of white chocolate
Handful of nuts (I used walnuts)
80 g cocoa powder
65 g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
300 g caster sugar
4 large eggs


Method:

  1.     Pre heat oven to 180 c and line a 24 cm baking tin with grease proof paper.
  2.       Melt the butter and dark chocolate in the microwave, mixing often until smooth and lump free.
  3.      Add your nuts into melted chocolate 
  4.       In a separate bowl mix together: flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar. Then add to chocolate mixture. Stir together well.
  5.     Beat all four eggs then add to mixture and beat with hand blender until you have a silky consistency.
  6.       Break white chocolate slab into pieces and mix into batter. I kept a small amount of dark chocolate from first slab to add into this too.
  7.      Pour brownie mix into tray and place in the oven for 25 min,I had to leave it in for 35 min and it still had a soft centre.
  8.     Wait to cool and then enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment